Happy Birthday to this guy:
Each year, Derek says “Please don’t get me anything for my birthday.” And besides a card, some red meat to grill, perhaps a small homemade gift, and his two crazy gals, we abide by his request. However, throughout the year, if I come across something extravagant that reminds me of my hunk-of-a-hubby, I try to take note. We all know money can’t buy happiness, but it can definitely buy a lot of fun things. So, Derek… if we had all the money in the world, this is what I would buy you on your birthday. Enjoy your thoughtful, yet completely fictitious birthday gifts.
1. A-10 Warthog. What man doesn’t want one of these?! According to Derek, this is the ultimate flying apparatus.
2. Horse Pants. Did anyone else see this recently on “Shark Tank”? So ridiculously funny.
3. Bora Bora Vacation. We may or may not have “discovered” the beauty of Bora Bora by watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It’s true: I have made Derek a Disick fan. And ever since we saw those overwater bungalow suites, we put this on our bucket list. (I think the above island pic is of St. John and not Bora Bora, but you get the idea.)
4. Underground Garage. Derek always says in our dream house, we will have one of these. Maybe because it reminds him of Ironman… or maybe just so it would hide Mya’s fleet of vehicles.
5. K-State Football Premium Box Seats. Let’s just say Derek is a KSU super fan. Last weekend I gave him the ultimate gift of love: I sat and watched an entire football game. I’d only do it for him. (The lady behind us seemed to have a grand ol’ time as well.)
6. Zero-turn Mower. I’m not going to pretend that I know what make or model Derek would choose, but a new mower would definitely be a luxury. And I’m convinced that even if we had buku bucks, Derek would still want to mow. It’s like his therapy or something.
7. Night with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake. Derek might have a man-crush on JT. (Sorry if I outed you, Derek.)
8. Disney Cruise. We would take Derek’s parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews on a Disney cruise. We figure this would be the only way possible to corral them all in one place for longer than a day.
9. Dynamic Athletics. Derek is passionate about his work. He works for a starter company called Dynamic Athletics Research Institute (DARI). I’m sure he’d want to invest more in the technology and work that they do.
10. World Series Tickets. The last time the Royals won the World Series was the year Derek was born (1985)… 2 days before his birthday (October 27th). Let’s give Derek the ultimate birthday gift with a World Series win! (And if they do win, I claim that winning gift is from me. If they lose, I am of course not liable.) I believe.