Mya turned 2 today. Whaaaaat– where did the time go?! In preparation for this day (and her party this Saturday), the glue gun has gotten some good use. One of the lil’ projects that turned out to be super fast and easy, super cheap, and super cute was her birthday hat.
For the past year, Mya has loved singing the “Happy Birthday” song and wearing her 1st Birthday hat around the house. So naturally, the girl needed a new hat accessory for her 2nd birthday.
WHAT YOU NEED
Paper party hat
Crate paper streamer
Hot glue gun
WHAT TO DO
1. Glue edge of streamer to base of party hat.
2. Add glue to base of hat and overlap small sections to create ruffles.
3. For top poof: After ruffles are are completed at hat base, use 3 inch streamer and cut (not completely to opposite edge) small strips.
4. Add hot glue to base of fanned strips.
5. Bunch poof together to be gathered at one point.
6. Add hot glue to the one point.
7. Secure poof to top of hat.
It was a glorious day. (But note to self: don’t schedule a pediatrician appointment on your kid’s birthday. Those “birthday shots” are not the fun kind.)