Ok, so I’m a little behind on this… Leah turned TWO months last Saturday and I’m just getting around to posting her one month. But better late than never, right? Maybe don’t answer that! Oh how our world has changed since our little “LeeLee” has graced us. Just when you don’t think you have any more love to give, enter an almost 12 lb one month baby…
- 11 lbs 15 oz
- 23 1/2 inches
- Nickname: LeeLee. Not to be confused with Mya’s imaginary big sister friend named LeeLee.
- Little smiles.
- Eats at least every 2 hrs.
- Wakes up every 2 hrs at night, but then (usually) goes right back to sleep.
- Naps with right hand on/ near face.
- At night, sleeps in SwaddleMe sleeper in between Derek and me.
- Tucks thumbs within clenched fists (as seen above!)
- She doesn’t like me eating onions. She does like me eating honey nut cheerios right before I go to bed. (Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself.)
- Looooves the ceiling fan– “Aunt Fanny” as we like to call her– just like Mya did.
- Keeps cozy in a blankets & beyond swaddle… and prefers her arms out free to move around.
- Constantly tries to look behind and over her head.
- Wearing 3 month clothes.
- Size 1 diapers.
- At 1 month appointment, pediatrician said she looked at least like a 3 month old.
We’ve clearly established we have a big, healthy baby. But more importantly, she is so so happy. And that’s what feeds my heart. If your kids are happy, you are happy. And– for the most part– Mya has been adjusting beautifully. She truly loves having a baby sister and wants to hold her all the time. Her most frequently asked question, all slurred together is, “Can-I-please-hold-baby-Leah?” She kisses her head at least 20 times a day. And the amount of face touching is ridiculous.