Guilty of posting this many weeks after Leah’s actual 9 month milestone. (#whatelseisknew ?!) Also guilty of swiping a pair of Mya’s capris and giving them to Leah to wear as pants. Because my girls are basically the same size. So there’s that. And on top of Leah growing like a
weed beautiful flower, she’s also become super active. This now makes our monthly photo sessions pretty tricky to capture her lying on her back… and not eating the wood heart plaque, or attempting the downward dog, or wrapping herself up in the blanket backdrop.
- Weight: 20 lbs 4 oz
- Height: 29.5 in
- Handled her 9 month shots like a champ.
- If you point at her, she points back. (See above pic!)
- Shakes her head back and forth and smiles when she’s silly tired… or just silly.
- Feels like such a big girl in her highchair. Watches the trees blow in the wind as she eats.
- Hasn’t turned down any food offered– zucchini, mango, green beans, cheese, avocado, apple sauce… And prefers to feed herself when in her highchair.
- Loves a good game of tug-of-war and lets out big belly laughs when Mya does it with her.
- Gets up on her knees and rocks back and forth.
- Scrunches up her nose and repeatedly blows hard through her nose to be silly.
- Started riding in the kid seat of grocery carts.
- Uses this bathtub and I wish I would’ve bought it months ago!
- When I pick her up, she repeatedly pats me on the back of my shoulder as if to say “thank you.”
- Loves to swim at the gym’s indoor warm pool. Lays on her back and relaxes in her floatie.
- Opens her mouth wide when she sees herself on facetime or in the mirror.
- When I’m holding her and umbrella, she holds on super tight to the umbrella handle and won’t let go.
- Burrows her face into every stuffed animal.
- Initially rolls to right side to sleep.
- Would rather watch hummingbirds out the window than the tv.
- Super alert when she wakes up from nap. Stretches out her neck with eyes wide and says “guh guh guh.”
- Always cries when we get home and I pull the car into the garage.
- Appreciates any new toy.
- Has zero interest in holding a marker to draw.
- Plows over anything in her path in her walker.
Happy (almost) Friday, friends! Have a beautiful day. 🙂