Last weekend, we were running errands and decided to be spontaneous and took the girls out to a nice lunch. Yes, we like to live on the edge. 😉 We sat in a booth to “trap” them in and hoped for the best. It always amazes me how sitting at a table in public can be so eventful: excuse us while I wrestle my 1 year old from crawling across the table to suck on a splenda packet, explain the difference between a booth seat and a bouncy house to my 4 year old, and order myself a sweet little sangria. The girls weren’t horrible, but by the end of our 45 minute lunch I was definitely sweating. And sorry-I’m-not-sorry to be mushy mushy, but I kept looking over to Derek, very grateful to have him rally our girls with me in that restaurant… and every other day.
Let’s rewind to last Fathers’ Day, where I found Derek the perfect gift– a silicone wedding ring. His original wedding band no longer fits him and since it’s made of tungsten carbide, it cannot be resized. Then I discovered Qalo. Qalo sells silicone rings in men’s and women’s sizes in a multitude of colors and for various causes (ie Breast Cancer, Law Enforcement, Lupus– just to name a few). I chose this one for Derek and he wears it far more than his original wedding band. Once I saw how much he liked his, I ordered this one for myself (because it just didn’t seem right for his new band not to have a counterpart ;P ). And it really did surprise me how much I enjoy it. But “why?” may you ask? Well, let me tell you why:
- Qalo rings are comfortable and heat resistant– a great alternative to metal rings for athletes and every day jobs that require safely working with your hands.
- Qalo rings are inexpensive. Ranging from $20 – $25 for a single band, it’s quite feasible to have a couple different colors to switch up your accessory style.
- Qalo rings are easy to determine your size. I used their ring size guide and both Derek’s ring and mine fits great.
- Qalo rings can be ordered online direct. You can also find them at all Academy Sports + Outdoor store locations (but with far less selection than online). And Derek and I recently found them at Scheels in Kansas City.
- Qalo rings can be customized when ordered online. An engraving can be added to any ring’s interior for an extra cost of $9.95. This would make a super personal (and super easy!) anniversary gift for your spouse (and yourself!)
- Qalo rings come in a large variety of colors and designs– sparkles, camo, perforated, line… just to name a few. You can choose to match your spouse with the same design in either a thick or thin band.
- Qalo rings (and everything else on their site) are 20% off right now!
No, I have not replaced my original wedding band with Qalo. But I do like to switch things up and definitely prefer to wear my white silicone ring when going to the pool with the girls, working out, and traveling. Not losing my diamond ring is one less thing to worry about when out-and-about with these two knuckleheads.
If you still need something for your special someone for Valentine’s Day, Qalo could be the answer! Thank you to Qalo for partnering with us on this post. And now what you’ve all been waiting for… at least since last Friday. 😉 Congratulations to S.Reyna for winning our most recent giveaway.