I was going to compile a list of maternity items that’ve helped me through this pregnancy. And then I realized that they’re not maternity items at all because I was too cheap to buy much of anything that I’d only be able to use less than 9 months. Especially when I can live in sweatpants everyday. And I’ll probably have stretch marks because I didn’t get a bellyband; and I’ll probably have back problems because I didn’t get a pregnancy pillow. But I got a super soft infinity scarf, a mommy journal, and some other goodies instead. So I think the tradeoff was totally worth it. And I’m hoping these items will bring you comfort too… if not for you, for some other special gal pal. And most are great stocking stuffers, so just drop some hints to your man friend and make his job a little easier this year.
1. This calendar from Paper Source. Because anything pantone-themed is awesome. Paper Source is quickly becoming one of my faves. I’ve never been more obsessed with sparkly wrapping paper in my life. Sign up for their email list to hit the sales.
2. Anything from the Kiehl’s skincare line. But specifically this “Clearly Corrective Skin Brightening Exfoliator“. You use the smallest amount each time and it feels like a relaxing facial every night before bed. And after you’re totally sold on the exfoliator, try the facial moisturizer. It will keep your cheeks silky smooth this dry winter.
3. This Mom’s One Line a Day journal is perfect to quickly document something special from each day. I usually journal in spurts… like I’ll write 5 pages one night, but then not for another couple months. And I know I forget so many fun moments from each day from my sporadic documentation. So I will be starting this mommy journal January 1st. It will sit on my nightstand, so that I can easily jot down a highlight before I roll over and fall asleep. Don’t want the mommy one? Have no fear. Paper Source has their One Line a Day journal too.
4. This Thermos beverage bottle. This thing goes everywhere with me. It doesn’t perspire and keeps my water ice cold forever. Yes, there are countless other containters out there, but I love the lid, spout, secure closure, easy flow, and size of this one. I found a grey one at Target. But there are more options online.
5. A soft, warm infinity scarf. Lovin’ this thing. If you see me out and about, I will be wearing this. And sweatpants.
6. These fuzzy socks are BOGO at Dick’s Sporting Goods. I got some for Mya and they have them in Women’s and Men’s too. But warning!: the soft insides shed fuzz like crazy, so they need a good 2-3 washes before your feet stop looking like furry muppets after taking them off.
7. Nordstrom Cafe‘s Tomato Basil Soup. Mya says, “You’re a really good cook, Mama” when I pour it out of the jar and heat it on the stove. #easytoplease #sometimes … But since her and Derek love this soup paired with grilled cheese and we’d go through too many $6 jars, I tried this recipe and it turned out pretty similar! I would definitely recommend the extra step of straining it to create a smoother texture. And I don’t add heavy cream. Instead, I use a little 2% milk or a dollop of plain greek yogurt upon serving. I don’t add it to the overall mixture because I think it freezes/ keeps better without the dairy in it? Or maybe I’m making that up.
8. My friend’s company, Velvet Crate, makes grown-up girly gift giving easy with their beautiful gift box sets. Their holiday one has all kinds of goodies that would make any girl feel pampered.
Welp, I hope that makes your holiday shopping a little easier! Now can someone please tell me why my daughter’s new request from Santa is a “big pink bunny from Home Depot?” Because I googled it and it doesn’t exist.